Friday, August 1, 2014

Hello Everyone,
Henry and I made it to Germany safely!  The airline people were very nice and everyone loved him!  Hilary Lester picked us up at the airport and brought us to Naurod  (pronounced Nowrod)  to our apartment.  The town is very cute!  I met the landlord and really like the apartment.  She left several things that I will probably not use.  I have a great storage room down in the parking garage.  They also have a bike storage room and a laundry room downstairs which is where people keep their washer and dryers. Everything is in German so I will need to bring my translator!  The apartment is in a great location.  It is right across walking and biking trails.  It is about 10-15 minutes to walk to the school.  I got the internet/phone  hooked up and that is good because it is all in German!  Hilary took me grocery shopping so I am set for the week.  I hope to get out this week and take some photos of the area.  Karen